I wanted to give you some important information:
· BUDGET: Please note the dates for upcoming budget hearings and vote:
April 22 Budget Hearing – 7:30 p.m. MS/HS Library Community Room
May 6 Final Budget Hearing 9:00 a.m. MS/HS Library Community Room
May 19 BUDGET VOTE 7:00 a.m.– 9:00 p.m. MS/HS Library Community Room
Please take time to review the upcoming fiscal plan. If you are unable to attend any of the live sessions, please know that the sessions are running on LMCTV and RCTV. You may also see the latest budget information on the web. Once the final budget numbers are adopted by the Board of Education on April 22, you will be receiving our annual Value Education budget edition. If you are not a registered voter, you may register at any school office during school hours. There will be an all-day registration on Wednesday, May 13 in the Administration Building, from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Please note that May 13th will be the last day to register to be eligible to vote on May 19th.
· SPRING FAIR: Please remember to support the PTSA Spring Fair this Saturday April 18 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the MS/ HS campus. This is a wonderful time for our community to come together to meet friends and neighbors and support our very generous PTSA.
· 2015-16 SCHOOL CALENDAR: Please note that there has been a change in our 2015-16 school calendar for next year. We are moving our February 29th Superintendent Conference Day to February 12th, the day before next year’s winter break.
· GOOGLE PILOT: We have started our Google pilot with over 30 faculty members being trained by a Google certified trainer. Our HS students have now been assigned individual Google addresses and have already started working on cross curriculum projects between social studies and English. Over the next few weeks, we plan to continue assigning our students their new email addresses and look forward to exciting collaborations. This change will enable us work through our secured Google network and will allow students and teachers to share and participate in latest technologies offered from Google. Look for more information in upcoming Value Education newsletters
· CELEBRATIONS: The final college admissions will be in by the end of April. We are proud of the outstanding accomplishments of our 2015 graduating class. We are also proud that this year we are celebrating our 120th HS graduation and the 20th year of our signature senior internship program.